Lesson Plan: Coach Meece
Long Range Goals:
1. Improve and maintain overall physical fitness
2. Demonstrate basic knowledge of volleyball.
3. Integrate some or all the benefits of exercise outlined by program of studies
Short term Goals:
1. Perform skills needed to play volleyball
2. Demonstrate the skills in practice and games
3. Develop an understanding of basic strategies and rules for volleyball
4. Discuss and retain benefits of regular exercise, FITT principle, and fitness components.
2.31 Students demonstrate the knowledge and skills they need to remain physically healthy and to accept responsibility for their own physical well-being.
2.34 Students perform physical movement skills effectively in a variety of settings,
2.35 Students demonstrate knowledge and skills that promote physical activity and involvement in physical activity throughout their lives.
The lesson will be a three week lesson involving volleyball. The first week will involve skill testing, bumping, setting, serving, and improving. The second week will involve strategies, rules, and skills test. The final week will involve actual game and assessment on 4.1 CCD.