Welcome to Kindergarten! Kindergarten is one of the most important years in your child's life. It is a year to embark upon new learning adventures. Miss Massey and I are looking forward to sharing it with you! During kindergarten, your child will learn lots of new and exciting things. I hope to encourage a love of learning that will last throughout your child's years of schooling!
For those of you who haven't met me, my name is Melissa Coldiron. I am married to Rick Coldiron and we have four beautiful daughters, Chelsea, Haley, Catherine, and Caroline. I am a graduate of Somerset High School and earned my Bachelor of Science Degree from Eastern Kentucky University in 1991 and my Masters of Arts Degree from Eastern Kentucky University in 1994.
I believe that every child is unique and deserves to shine at his or her level in order to be all that he or she can be.
My Classroom Rules
· Listen – Follow directions the first time they are given.
· Follow Directions – Follow the directions for talking as given by your teacher.
· Control Yourself – Keep your hands and feet and other objects to yourself
· Be Kind – No teasing or name calling.
Consequences for Behavior
1. Pink- Outstanding Day!
2. Purple- Great Day!
3. Blue - Good Day!
4. Green - Ready to Learn
5. Yellow - Think About It
6. Orange - Teacher's Choice
7. Red - Parent Contact