Philosophy of Teaching:
· My philosophy of teaching is that all children can learn, and it is my responsibility to do what it takes to help them.
· Children learn best by DOING. I use many different "hand-on" approaches to teach reading.
· I I want my students to love learning and reading. I hope they take chances and attempt things that seem difficult. I tell them my role is to make reading easier for them.
· I believe they should be great citizens. I want them to be kind to one another, help one another, have compassion for one another, learn to focus and be attentive, and to respect the others in their classroom.
· Finally, I believe education is a joint effort between teachers, administrators, parents, and students. It takes all of us working together to make a child successful.
Listen – Follow directions the first time they are given.
Follow the teacher’s directions for talking.
Control Yourself - Keep your hands, feet, and other objects to yourself.
Be Kind – Use kind words and a kind tone.
Years of Experience: 27 years, 26 of those at Hopkins Elementary School
Bachelor’s Degree in Elementary Education from Indiana University
Master’s Degree in Elementary Education from Eastern Kentucky University
Certified in Reading Recovery and Comprehensive Intervention Model (CIM)