I wanted to take a moment to clarify and remind you of some things about the upcoming weeks so please read ALL of the following info...
- What an honor to get to see so many of you guys when we brought your supplies and yard sign to your house! I'll always remember that for the rest of my career. If we missed you on our first or second attempts, I'm truly sorry.
- I wanted to send the Graduation Events Letter (read it closely) to you again in digital format so you each have the live links toGraduation Filming Schedule (by May 12th at 5PM), the Graduate Message Book (due by May 8th), and the link to the parade map. Please read the letter carefully as it is full of instructions and guidelines (per the governor, CDC, &/or local Health Dept. recommendations) for the various events. The last thing we want is to have to address someone who is out of compliance. I hyperlinked these materials above so hopefully those links work, as well as the ones found inside the letter. Also, I think the letter says we will assemble at Meece Parking Lot...NOT TRUE! That's my mistake. We will form a snaking line of cars throughout the faculty and junior lots and leave from there. Make sure your cars are decorated (if you desire) before you get to school and that they are school appropriate. I imagine a large number of the public will come out to see you. If we see something inappropriate (not that anyone would do that because you're classy young adults), you will not be allowed to participate in the parade.
- In regards to the graduation filming event, what is immediate family? I want to clarify that we must be within the guidelines of having no more than 10 people gathered in the same location. 3 school personnel will be present in the auditorium, thus allowing up to 7 people (including the graduate) to be a part of the filming portion of the graduation events. Believe me, I wish it could be more but we must follow the guidelines set forth. Speaking of guidelines, filming will begin after the May 11th requirement for people to wear masks when going in public. We do request that all members of the graduate's party wear a mask to the filming. When arriving for your filming time, please remain in your vehicleuntil one of our school personnel give directions for you to enter the building and please maintain social distancing guidelines (6 ft. apart) while in the building. We require all of the graduate's party to remain standingwhile in the auditorium as we will not be able to properly sanitize the cloth seating surfaces of the chairs between sessions (every 6 minutes). As you depart, David Rogers of Rogers' Photography will be on hand to take a quick photo of each graduate in front of our SHS backdrop.
- WIN LEARNING SOFT SKILLS. Many of you have taken care of this recently but some of you have not completed this yet and it is aGRADUATION REQUIREMENT. You absolutely must complete this training in order to graduate anywhere in the state of Kentucky so please take care of this ASAP. If you have any questions, please direct them to email@example.com
- Transition Survey. Please make sure you complete the transition survey for the guidance office if you have not already completed this. It must be completed and returned by May 7th.
- Thursday, May 7th is your day to return your Chromebooks and any remaining NTI work. We will also have several things ready to give to you when you arrive on that day such as any certificates, recognition, academic regalia you have not already received, etc. PLEASE STAY IN YOUR VEHICLE on this day. Staff will be on hand to collect your device and work as well as give you any items that you may receive. We would love to have you get out of your vehicle and give you a big hug and congratulate you on all that you've accomplished but we've got this pandemic issue sooo...maybe a socially distanced air hug or air high 5?
- Prom King/Queen voting will be available after the court is finalized May 1st at 3. Look for a Google Form ballot to come to your school email soon.
- Keep up with the Guidance Office Facebook page and the Reminds they are sending. There are still scholarship dollars out there for the taking!
- We love you guys and miss you! I hope that we are able to give you as good of an experience as possible. As always, if you have questions feel free to call the school or email me.
Wishing you all the best,